Friday, June 19, 2009

Hello, 2 AM.

So, its 1:53 AM. I am making bagels. They need to rest for 10 more minutes before I shape them and let them rest for the rest of the night, then wake up, boil and bake them. Yum!

I got the idea to make these at 9 tonight. Word to the wise: don't start baking after 5pm. Kthanks.

I am working tomorrow at 10. Blahhhhh. But I get off at 4:30 and then I'm going to come home and maybe bake some more! Possibly make some marmalade, because I found a recipe that looks super yum and easy. And I haven't been cooking or baking near enough this summer, and it is high time to change that.

I had the scare of my life tonight making these bagels. I was using my kitchenaide pro (the hoss one) with my dough hook to knead them, when all of a sudden, it stopped. And it wouldn't start again! Turns out it got over heated. It turned on again about 20 minutes after I stopped using it. So, for future ref, when using high-gluten flour (which makes the bread far harder to knead) do not try to use the kitchenaid for more than 10 minutes at a time.

I am stoked to try these. It cost like 3 bucks for the flour, but other than that its just yeast and water and a bit of salt and a tad of honey. So, if they taste delish, we shall be having more bagels, less cereal and woo hoooooo!

Okay, time for me to go shape!

The end.

No comments: