Tuesday, February 14, 2012

V-Day Lovin'

I would like to take this day that is set aside for sucking up and public displays of affection to talk a little bit about the love of my life. She encompasses everything that I could ever want in a woman and a friend. She is funny, loving, beautiful, confident, self sufficient, intelligent, capable, fierce, awesome, in charge, not stupid, and practical. Those are just a few of the many adjectives that describe my wife. One might say, “Some of those adjectives should probably not be used in a lovey type letter.” To those people I say mind ya business. Those are in fact highly prized attributes in our household.

Sabrina loves cheeseburgers, Harry Potter, trashy adolescent fiction, warm fuzzy socks, everything on pinterest, the internet, making cakes, making great food items, falling asleep in the bathtub, Cadbury minieggs, falling asleep in the car while I’m driving, me to drive, shoes, going to the temple, Dr. Pepper, cucumbers, jamming out to Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, and various other 90’s bands and/or Disney songs. But most of all she loves me.

This last one is the one I want to talk about a bit. For some reason beyond all of my comprehension she loves me. I have no idea what I did right that I have been so blessed to have Sabrina in my life. I have a short temper; I am the antithesis of romantic, I have a level of geekery that should not be legal, I am a worse nagger than a 1960s sitcom housewife, I can’t put down the toilet seat and yet she still loves me. She puts up with all of my quirky habits like they have some kind of cloaking device (which by the way comments like that is one of those quirky habits). She never complains when I am exhibiting said habits or even when I’m complaining about her habits, and yet she still loves me. She loves me when I wake her up in the middle of the night when I’m freaking out about something trivial. She loves me when I say I’m going to clean up the house, but instead 14 hours of Stargate and/or Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She even loves me when I give her birthday little to no recognition. And, I cannot comprehend how I got to be so lucky. I do not understand how I came to be blessed to have such an amazing woman. And it’s not for some small amount of time either, she’s stuck for eternity.

It’s a good thing too because we still have so much life to live, and I’m excited to see what is in store for us. Sabrina has molded me into the man that I wanted to be, something that I could not have achieved on my own. She has pushed me to the limits of my ability, and then pushed me a bit more. She has helped me to become a good student, a good priesthood holder, and hopefully someday I can be just as good of a husband. Well this has been one long list of incoherent babblings, but the main thing for anyone to take from this is that I LOVE Sabrina. I will never be able to adequately reciprocate everything that she has done for me. Thus ends the Valentine’s Day letter.

-David

1 comment:

Stephanie J. Hoyt said...

Awww :) You two are cute! Loves.