Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 Year In Review

What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Moved across the country together, I became a Nanny, David got into Nursing school and got a 4.0 last semester! 
Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
We paid off our credit card debt, so one of them was kept!  We have one goal for the next year: Fitness. Physical, Financial, and Spiritual.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Who didn't? I swear this was the year of babies!

Did anyone close to you die?
My Grandma. I could now see a Thestral.

What countries did you visit?
The good ol USofA.
What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Oy, I dunno. I had lots in 2010. Maybe more patience? Yeah, I pick that.

What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory?
EB's birthday! Other than that, I dunno.

What was your biggest failure?
Keeping our budget! Its so hard!
Did you suffer illness or injury?
This was a good year as far as that went!
What was the best thing you bought?
Well, probably David's iPad that he got yesterday! But our cars were a pretty good one too.

Where did most of your money go?
Ugh. Credit-Card Debt! But this year we are hoping to save more and pay off our cars! Woo Hooo!

What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Nursing School, for sure.

What song will always remind you of 2010?
Rude Boy
Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier Happier Happier! David and me are in SUCH a good place!
b) thinner or fatter?: Exactly the same. THIS WILL NOT BE THE CASE NEXT YEAR!
c) richer or poorer?: About the same! (we bought cars, ya'll! but next year way richer!)
What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish we had hung out with friends more.

What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worry.

How will you be spending New Years?
Sleeping! David and I are going home after work and watching an episode of something then going to bed! YAAAY!|
What was your favorite TV program?
 How I Met Your Mother or The Big Bang Theory.
What was the best book you read?
Harry Potter. This will remain my answer forever.
What was your greatest musical discovery?
Eric Hutchinson.

What did you want and get?
David getting into Nursing School and awesome jobs we both love!
What did you want and not get?
A vacay to a cool place.
What was your favorite film of this year?
Harry Potter!!!! Or Tangled. It was really good.

What did you do on your birthday?
For mine we went to a friends house and had brunch, then watched Harry Potter, Fantastic Mr. Fox and had a really good day. For David's he worked all day. Whomp Whomp.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If we hadn't had to put all our money towards debt, and had been able to travel with that money instead.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
I am trying to dress in better clothes - Banana, JCrew, Gap instead of crap. I have been trying to buy clothes that will last and look good in 5 years. Its going well. But I wear a lot of yoga pants and t-shirts to work.

What kept you sane?
David Allen and Dr. Pepper.

Who did you miss?
My Provo Friends.
Who was the best new person you met?
EB! I just love her.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Things will work out the way they are supposed to in the end.
Was 2010 a good year for you? Why?
So so so good. We moved to Texas, got good jobs and we are just in a really awesome place in our relationship. We were talking two nights ago about how much we just love eachother and feel like we are just SOLID right now.
What was your favorite moment of the year?
When David called me to tell me he got into Nursing School! I cried.
Where were you when 2010 began?
I think we were in Irving. . . . Man I have a terrible memory.

Where will you be when 2010 ends?
Irving, Texas.

What was your favorite month of 2010?
Every month has been pretty good! But last month and this month have been really awesome.
How many different states / provinces did you travel to in 2010?
Well, we went to and from Utah driving, so Texas, Utah, New Mexico and Arizona. I think thats all.
 Oh, and we went to OK for the 4th.
How many concerts did you see in 2010?
Tally Hall! Wait, that was 2009 I think. So none? Sad.
Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2010?
Nada.
Did you do a lot of drugs in 2010?
None, unless you count sleeping pills.
What was the worst lie someone told you in 2010?
David and I both tried to lie a lot less this year, so I dunno. Nothing too bad.
How much money did you spend in 2010?
Pretty much all that we made. And then some (we still owe money on our cars to my parentals.)

What was your proudest moment of 2010?
David getting into nursing school. Seriously, ya'll. Bet thing ever. And when I got offered 3 nanny jobs in one day.

If you could go back in time to any moment of 2010 and change something, what would it be?
I dunno. It was a reallly good year.

What are your plans for 2011?
I am going to keep working with my little EB, and take 2 BYU classes to prep for starting their online program. David is going to do Nursing school and work at Gymboree in the meantime. We will keep living here with my parentals, pay off our cars, go to Disney World and hopefully to San Fran over T-Give! YAAAY

No comments: