Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'm at work?!

And the laundry is the machine.
The dishwasher is unloaded.
The beds are made.
The house is picked up.
M  (3 1/2 year old) is at camp
and D (13 month old) is taking a nap. . . .

and now I have nothing to do until he wakes up! I'm sure next week I will start organizing stuff, but I don't even know where stuff goes enough to do it now! Haha.

I was really anxious all last week and this weekend about starting. I mean, this job is WAY more intense than my last one - 2 kids, a bit more around the house stuff, more activites scheduled, but overall - thusfar - I am holding my own. I am running around a lot - and their house is two stories - and when both the kids are home and awake (about 4 hours a day-ish, on my long days) its insanity as far as making sure no one gets hurt or eats something off the floor - but I like it! I think this is more realistic of what it will be like when I have kids. I mean, my last job was realisitc about what it will be like to be a new mom of just one baby, but this job is turning out to be fun. Once again, this is two days in and after 2 months I could totally be ready to throw in the towel! :-)

I am also reallly excited that I get off at 4 two days a week! It gives me time for the bank and oil changes and making good dinners twice a week (more than rice, veg, meat- done) all the stuff I could never do with getting off at 6 every night before!

AND that not only was Dr.Mom on TIME yesterday, she was EARLY! And when she got home, she told me I could leave!!!! THIS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE at my other job. Its a huge blessing b/c it was my number one pet peeve before, and here it won't be. YAAAAYYYYY!

ANND I have time to myself. That was really what I was the most scared about, lets be honest. I was scared that I was literally going to be working for 11 hours - no time to sit, no time to eat, no time to breathe - but its not true! I have time to do all three! Naps are the best. thing. ever. Right now I even feel bad that I'm not doing something but I literally have everything done! And I checked all my online stuff and now I think I'm going to go make sure the puzzles are all organized or something. I dunno. I just am feeling okay. And I am feeling like I can do this. And I'm feeling like the world is happy and bright! :-)

Hope everyone is having a good first week of SUMMER!

The End.

2 comments:

Dwayne said...

Sabrina, Im so excited that is is going ok and you are feeling good about things. Maybe it will be the perfect fit:-)

Net said...

Awesome. Soooo glad for you that you've found a good fit (thus far). It makes all the difference in the world. Hooray!